How can I see true impact of programmatic campaigns on my conversions?
This was a common question that we kept on hearing from marketers who were running their programmatic campaigns in-house and were eager to observe and validate the true impact of their campaigns. Today, we are delighted to announce the release of "True Impact" feature which gives marketers a quick and simplified view of the real impact that their programmatic in-house strategy is delivering
Kayzen platform will now show attributed Installs and in-app events data based on your attribution provider as well as your in-house attribution settings (applies to data from 1st Oct onwards). With "Transparency" being a key motto that drives us, Kayzen is the only programmatic platform in the app space which will now show attribution numbers based on both MMP/3rd party attribution as well as your own self attribution settings so you have a complete picture of your programmatic strategy.
While MMP's do a good job in doing attribution across your multiple marketing partners, the final view that you get is not fully unbiased because of multiple reasons-
Multi-Touch - While Last-Touch attribution is the most common standard being followed (and for good reasons), marketers are always eager to learn and understand how the results will change if they switch to multi-touch attribution. With this release, marketers will be able to view the results of both last click or view (MMP) as well as multi-touch (in-house) attribution seamlessly. As your programmatic in-house platform, we do not ask users to follow one attribution over another. Rather, we believe in transparently showing you data so that you can take decisions based on what makes sense for your business. This feature is a first step into providing marketers with a more comprehensive multi-touch view on their conversion funnel.
SAN's (Self Attributing Networks)- Even if you are content with last touch attribution, your attribution provider is not able to do true last touch attribution because of the walled gardens who do their own attribution (and hence the word SAN- Self Attributing Networks). Hence, the final view that the marketer gets is not fully unbiased. However, while running your programmatic in-house campaigns, it's imperative that you get a clear picture of the impact your in-house platform is driving so as to drive correct and meaningful results. Till now, marketers had to rely on their BI teams to give them true picture of the impact their programmatic campaigns were driving. Now, with Kayzen's True Impact feature, you can see this data seamlessly in your platform without being dependent on internal BI or engineering teams
In-app Viewthrough (VT) attribution - While all major MMPs support VT attribution for installs, not all of them support VT attribution for in-app events (yet). In multiple scenarios, particularly when running retargeting campaigns and measuring incrementality using the placebo ad methodology, in-app event VT attribution is essential to understand the incrementality of your retargeting campaigns. With our True Impact feature this can now be measured seamlessly.
Key Feature Highlights
- Attribution Settings- You can select Click-Through (CT) and View-Through (VT) in-house attribution settings based on your business needs
2. Dashboard Overview- You will be able to see Install and in-app event numbers based on MMP and multi-touch/self attribution . You will also see Assisted Install numbers which gives you an idea of the true impact of your campaigns.
Corresponding calculated metrics like eCPI will also be visible as per MMP and multi-touch/self attribution. For instance, in the screenshot below, while the eCPI of the campaign is $3.11 based on MMP attribution, the true impact of the programmatic effort resulted in an eCPI of $1.33
3. Widgets View- While creating your widgets, you will be able to select which view you want to see- MMP or Self. For instance, in the example below, the user has selected to view Total Installs (CT+VT) per Exchange based on Self attributed view
4. Campaigns View- You can also select attribution options in campaigns page and view the true impact of individual campaigns enabling you to do enhanced optimization. For instance, in the example below, the Rewarded Video campaign drove 2% more "app_launch" events based on self vs mmp attribution while the HTML campaign drove 28% more "app_launch" events based on self vs mmp attribution. Without this view, a campaign manager might have thought that the HTML campaign is not driving enough "app_launch" events and could have decreased its budget whereas based on True View, the campaign manager might actually increase the HTML campaign's budget
6. Reports- The powerful reporting section also supports the "True View" selection which means marketers can see performance numbers across different attribution options resulting in powerful analysis and granular insights
We are excited about this release. A key enabler of programmatic in-housing is to enable marketers to learn more about their data transparently so that they are in control of the decisions they take. True Impact goes a long way in enabling this