Most advertisers tend to use the same video creatives running on their desktop marketing campaigns. These files are usually higher in resolution and bigger ( > 10 MB) in size. To run video campaigns on mobile RTB, data connection speed should be taken into consideration. Having a smaller size video will ensure your video creative loads quickly even on slower data connections. We recommend Keeping your video file size below 5MB.
In order to compress your video files, we recommend using HandBrake. It is a free software with very good compression capabilities.
1. Download and install Handbrake.
2. Once installed, run the app. You will be prompted with the following screen (on windows).
3. Drag and drop the video file you wish to compress into the app.
4. Choose the directory you wish to save your compressed video file. Make sure to rename the file extension to mp4.
5. Click on the video tab. Make sure video codec is set to H.264. The only setting we will be using is the Quality slider.
6. The quality slider is set to 22 by default. You can simply click on (start encode) and check the new size of your file.
- Note that there will be a slight reduction in quality. The reduction in quality won't be noticeable when your video creative runs on a mobile device.
- The amount of compression can vary depending on how the original file is encoded.
- Encode your video with the default slider setting (22). If you wish to compress further, move the slider to the left in small increments.
Your feedback helps us improve our articles. Please pick one of the emojis below.